Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Back to blogging!

So it has been quite some time since I have had the chance to blog. As you all are aware, the time we have as career-tech communicators is limited so the blogging had to be pushed aside for awhile. I truly value this form of communication and look forward to talking more about how it can be used as a communications and marketing tool for career-technical schools, especially at the Ohio ACTE Annual Conference in Columbus, Ohio, this August. My session will be all about social media and how to adapt it for use as a marketing tool. I am presenting with Kelly Herzog of Miami Valley Career-Technical Center on Thursday, August 7 from 1:40-2:40 p.m. I will be previewing a lot of the material on this blog as time approaches.
The Ohio ACTE PR Academy is new, and the interest has been fairly un-inspired at the moment. However, I am excited about this opportunity to unite as career-tech marketers, communicators, and recruiters in order to provide assistance to each other and a forum to vent, ideate, and strategize. In my brief time in this position at Ohio Hi-Point, I have become a big fan of what CTE offers students, but I have also become well-aware of the unfair image CTE has with many people still after decades. I believe that by utilizing each other as a resource and speaking with a common message, CTE can overcome negative stereotypes and false interpretations. I hope you will use this blog as a means to communicate with one another, to start discussions, and share ideas. Also, if you want anything posted to start a topic or ask a question, shoot me an email at shaggerty@ohp.k12.oh.us. I will try to post at least once a week, if not more, so stay tuned...

Posted by:
Shane Haggerty
Communications Coordinator
Ohio Hi-Point Career Center
Bellefontaine, OH 43311
shaggerty@ohp.k12.oh.us
www.ohiohipoint.com

No comments: